Thursday 10 January 2013

The Magic of Kindle






Jeff almost spat his tea across the room. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. This was a shock and then some. His best friend had not only admitted to reading ‘Fifty Shades’ but to reading it on a plane and getting a little hot and bothered while doing so! He pushed his glasses up his nose. 'Really?'
'Yeah, really. Why not?'
Jeff didn't know what to say, why not exactly. Why shouldn't she? But it was just such a surprise.
'Yeah yeah I get it, safe little Clementine, good little girl.' she said it with a smile that Jeff had never noticed before.
'But you see, it's the beauty of Kindle.' she continued. 'You are right, I would never have read it without a Kindle. I would have been mortified to go into the bookshop and buy it. I don't think I ever would have gone through with it. And even if I had, I would never have got the book out in public, god no. I would have read it at home, alone, and hidden it carefully in case someone called round. But with a Kindle, no one knows. You can buy it without the 19 year old temp in Waterstones giving you that creepy look as he swipes your credit card, read it and no one judges you, get it out on the plane and everyone is none the wiser; including the nun that was sitting next to me' she said with a giggle. 
‘Shut up’ said Jeff with the intonation that only gay men, women from Essex and Jeff could muster.
Clementine gave that smile again as she nodded to confirm her story.
Jeff would always remember that night for two reasons. One it was the night when the girl that was his best friend had morphed into a woman, a sexy woman at that, and two it was the night that he downloaded ‘Fifty Shades’ for his Kindle.

By the way Kindle is also Magic because you can buy my book on it …. look



Artwork inspired by this story. 
by 
Veronika Biskupova



2 comments:

  1. like a said... the isnpiration for me... here is an illustration...:))http://www.visualcamouflage.com/2013/01/kindle-erotika.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. that must be an archive story these days... everybody is going crazy about 50 shades:-) whenever I open facebook or twitter, there are articles everywhere ... or there was a story called '50' :-) hehe....

    ReplyDelete