Tuesday 26 March 2013

Balls from a different perspective





A comment on the story 'Balls' asked if we'd ever know why the girl behaved as she did. Well this is the same story but from her point of view.
Out of the corner of my eye I could see the old geezer watching us. He was a bit creepy, taking a bit too much of an interest in us in my opinion.  He looked like he wanted to join in! What was he going to do, write about us? Mind you we were putting on a bit of a show for him; Libor was all over me like an octopus on speed and I was having my usual affect on him, that was no gun in his pocket. Libor whispered ‘I love you’ into my ear and I smiled my internal smile, not because he’d told me he loved me but knowing that Lukas was waiting for me and would tell me he loved me too. I put on my saddest puppy dog face as the tram approached and kissed Libor one more time. I loved that he loved me, he was the sexiest boy in class and I had him whipped.
The old geezer had got on the same tram as me and was watching me now as I quickly touched up my make up and made sure there were no lingering signs of Libor on my clothes. I wondered what the old timer would think of me when I got off and threw myself into the arms of Lukas. My internal smile smirked at the wickedness of it all. It had started so innocently, a coffee after the ballroom lesson with Lukas, then like the gentleman he is he walked me home. I am not sure how it happened but suddenly we were kissing. I thought I’d be guilty, I’d cheated on Libor but it wasn’t guilt I felt. It was fascination. I liked the idea that Lukas’s hands were where Libor’s had been just a few hours before, that his lips were kissing skin that had been kissed by another. Were their hands and lips somehow touching each other’s? Of course they weren’t, but it was exciting, exhilarating. But like any thrill, the magic soon wears off; it’s never the same as the first time but I still wanted to go back for more. So I started to up the ante, the gap between seeing them got smaller and smaller, from different days to a couple of hours and then down to just 45 minutes. Today was my coup de grace, just 3 minutes, two tram stops, 200 metres separated them. I shivered with excitement. As I embraced Lukas with the same passion I’d shown Libor, I imagined the look of shock and disapproval on the old man’s face and smirked my internal smile.

8 comments:

  1. some scientist would say that this is bacause of childhood stresses and poor relationship models.. I think that maybe women are not so monogamous as reaserchers have always thought (men seeking many sexual partners and women taling care of the one good provider)... it's all about biology.... I think that for such young girl this kind of behaviur is quite anomalous as teenagers believe in true love and are quite idealistic

    ReplyDelete
  2. an ordinary woman would say that this is a story about passion,challenge, secret and the excitement that all of these things bring. I see nothing anomalous in her behaviour...it's a game, and she is definitely a good player :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. but is it quite normal for "an ordinary woman" to want to play a game like that, esp. at such a young age? this kind of behaviour is not fair if you think about the two boys... it won't lead to anything good if she continues to play like that.. someone will be terribly hurt. And for a young boy to be cheated like that? isn't it going to influence his attitude to women in future? I have heard men say things like "all women are sluts"... but I don't really know.. one can never be sure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s simply a game and I can't think of any better time for playing games and experimenting then a young age. even if the boy (or a girl) gets hurt that should be an opportunity for him to learn to cope with that cos he/she will be hurt again for a sure...life is a game, isn't it? :)

    Oh and btw 'all men are pigs' is much more common case :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe you are right... I am not an expert:) besides everybody lives their life in the way they want to. and yes, life is a game: scoring points, taking quests, losing battles, going to next levels, and yes there are people who play little or big games. and because I think I would never play a game like this one I prefer to think of life as a theatre, where poeple put on different masks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, that's the point where we agree (finally) :) cos I also don't play games, and yes a theatre is definitely much better description

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is a very interesting video - sort of links in with this discussion.
    http://canontaff.wordpress.com/2013/03/28/rosina-andreou-students-sex-and-shame/

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes it's very interesting... I don't know why it made me think of this song: You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals / So let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel:):) I like to think of myself as "more civilized":) but am I?
    ... and I loved thiis girl who was talking about ine night stands who said "I always form emotional bonds" hhehe

    ReplyDelete