Tuesday 9 April 2013

Just a gigolo?


This story does contain some strong language and discussons of a sordid nature. Enjoy :-)

‘I've got a favour to ask you,’ Christie said ‘but you might not like it.'
Christie and I had a strange relationship, we'd been friends and lovers but never partners and now she was with Rendall I guessed we never would be.
‘I’m listening.’ I said wondering what she could want. I was guessing she might want a quicky while her new bloke was away on business, she did that sometimes.
‘Well, I’ve got this friend, Helen, and well…’ she was hesitant now not sure how to phrase it, I was wondering where on earth she was going with this.
‘She’s been single a while and well, we were talking about sex and the conversation got round to me and you and well she was wondering if maybe you’d…’
‘Yeees.’ I was beginning to get the picture but I was enjoy Christie’s pain as she struggled for the words.
‘The thing is she’s not looking for a relationship so she was wondering if you’d just you know…’
‘Fuck her?’ I said. Despite being on the phone I knew she was blushing. She made an affirmative noise down the line.
To be honest I was blushing too, it was a much more difficult question to answer than I thought it would be. Here was I being offered no strings sex but somehow it didn’t feel right. It felt, I dunno, like I was being passed round like a dog-eared copy of Penthouse in a boys’ boarding school? But if that didn’t feel right her next line felt even worse.
‘She’ll pay you.’
‘She’ll what now?’ What the fuck was going on here?
‘She’ll pay you, she knows it's a weird request so she’ll pay you.’
Well I didn’t know what to think, was I just a gigolo, did everyone know the part I was playing except me? I suppose on the one hand I was flattered -Christie had recommended me and obviously thought I was worth paying for. But on the other I felt cheap, grubby. Was I just a piece of meat to them, just asexual being, just a walking, talking, living blow up doll? Did they think I was that desperate, that shallow, that empty that I would sell my body for sex.
‘So?’ I was so lost in my thoughts I had forgotten Christie was on the end of the line waiting for a response. 
I’d made up my mind and with a deep breath I said …

Click on the numbers for Part 2 and 3 




3 comments: