Monday 26 August 2013

Steve Rants - Nail varnish on a plane.

 Steve sighed a heavy sigh that signalled to Johnny that he had something on his mind. Johnny watched his friend formulate his thoughts.

‘Is it acceptable to put nail varnish on on a plane?’
‘No, Steve, I think a plane requires a completely different type of paint, needs to be more durable.’ Johnnys answer only caused Steve to furrow his brow further.
‘Plus.’ Johnny added ‘it would take too long with that little brush.’
‘Seriously, Johnny answer the question.’
‘Why? Do you like to transform into a woman on flights?’
Again Steve ignored his friend’s sarcasm.
‘I was flying home last week and this stupid woman in the seat next to me starts painting her bloody nails, stinking out the whole plane.’
‘Oh I see,’ said Johnny, ‘that does seem a but rum.’
‘Just a bit yes, why on earth does she think that is socially acceptable? Most women I’ve known open a window before painting their nails but this woman thinks she can do it in an enclosed space.
‘Did you say anything?’
‘Of course I did.’
‘Oh god,’ Johnny covered his ears not wanting to hear any more. 
‘I told her it was anti-social and selfish.’
‘And did she stop’
‘Well, of course. She knew she was in the wrong. Just thought people would be too polite to say anything, ha she didn’t reckon on coming across me.’  
Johnny smiled imagining the scene. He knew  his friend was in the right but he couldn’t help feeling sorry for the woman involved. ‘I’ll get the beers in shall I?’ Johnny smiled to himself as he went across to the bar to buy the beers.


1 comment:

  1. a kind of shock - haven't missed a story since january and i open the blog today... and what can I see?

    ReplyDelete