Sunday 12 January 2014

Pizza Boxes - A Steve Rant



‘Hey have you tried that new pizza place yet?’ Johnny asked remembering that Steve had told him that there was a new takeaway pizza shop just round the corner from where Steve lived.
‘Yeah, it’s pretty good, better than Dominos anyway, much cheaper too.
‘That’s good.’
‘But..,’
Johnny didn’t like the sound of that but.
‘Get this, they charge 10p for the box? So you pay for your pizza and then there is an extra charge for the box. What the fuck is that about?’
‘Well I guess those boxes don’t come cheap do they?’ Johnny tried to argue but Steve was having none of it.
‘Okay fair enough, but why charge for them? Why have an added price on the bill? Why not just integrate the price into the price of the pizza. I mean it’s only a takeaway place, it’s not a sit down restaurant. It’s not as if Im going to go there and say I’ll have a pizza please, but don’t worry about the box put it straight into my hands.’ Steve held out both his hands to illustrate the point.
‘Or yeah delivery please but don’t put it in a box, it’ll be fine as it is.’
Johnny nodded wondering if he was going to be allowed to get a word in edgeways.
‘It’s nonsense, they should just add the charge on to the pizza. Hey, maybe I could buy a job lot of those boxes and go there with my own, pop it here I could say.’ Steve mimed handing a box to Johnny.
Johnny smiled, ‘I’d love to see the look on the faces if you did that.’ he managed to say before Steve continued with his train of thought.
‘Or maybe not throw the box away, recycle it, go back with the same one next time. In fact, I could invent a box for life? You know made out of plastic or something, it’s genius. Maybe I could go on Dragon’s Den. I wonder if there could be a market for that. Go down the eco-friendly route. It might be a winner.’
Johnny looked at Steve to see if he had finished. He had.
‘Well, I’ll tell you what you can do Steve, how about recycling these glasses and getting us another beer?’
‘Okay.’ Steve went off to the bar still mulling over the idea of a box for life.















No comments:

Post a Comment