Monday 3 November 2014

The Other Side of the Story

Ever wondered what it’s like to be the person a song is written about? Every wondered if they ever wish they had a chance to answer back? Here is the first in my occasional series where protagonists answer back. Can you guess the song. 

For audio click here
When I saw her across the bar I was pretty sure she was the one for me, she was perfect - tall with dark hair. Her face had a mixture of innocence and sexiness while her body had enough curves to keep me off the straight and narrow. She smiled at me tentatively at first but then a bit bolder. She certainly looked curious and before I knew it she was approaching me. I quickly put some lip salve on and smiled, my heart beating violently in my chest.
We chatted some, I was struggling to keep it together, this woman was perfect and seemed to be really in to me. Could this really be happening? Nervously I applied some more Chapstick to my lips and then from nowhere she kissed me, it was as if the Cherry Chapstick was a magnet for her lips. It was a kiss filled with lust, with passion, with promise of something so much more.
'Hm cherry,' she said, licking my lip salve off her lips and smiling seductively.
We chatted a little more then kissed again and then she excused her and flounced away to the bathroom, leaving me to apply some more Chapstick and wait excitedly for her return.
But she never came back.  The next I saw of her she was attached to some guy at the bar whispering some sweet nothing into his ear like she'd been doing to me moments before.
I couldn't stand it. I put some balm on my lips and went over there.
'So?' I said, my eyes terse, my arms crossed. She looked at me and her smile nearly melted my icy mood. She untangled herself from her man and took me to one side. I could smell her perfume, feel her body close to mine. My heart sped up.
‘Look I was just curious ok? You looked so good so kissable. It was so wrong it was right, you know what i mean?' She winked at me. I wanted to slap her. 'But hey it's no big deal,’ she continued, 'you were just an experimental game, it's innocent fun. I liked it but that's my boyfriend over there and I am not sure what he would think about it.’ 

With that she left, went back to her man, leaving me to reflect that she didn't even know my name. 


So the song was -  





















3 comments:

  1. oh but this moment of kissing a perfect, dark, tall woman looking like Katy Perry (or probably it was her in your fantasy) was worth it, even though it was so short. I am sure you will cherish that forever:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the hell is such a lousy song doing in such a good blog?? Ok, i have seen the singer in the official video - now clear.

    ReplyDelete