Friday 10 April 2015

The Thunderbolt

For audio click here 
There was lighting in the air and the clouds were gathering but there was no preamble, no pitter-patter, no few drops to give us warning. No, the rain started falling like someone had turned on a hosepipe, dowsing us in water. We ran through the downpour, crossing the road and finding shelter at the tram stop, but it was too late, we were already wet through.
Lucie’s white t-shirt was clinging to her body, clearly revealing her small braless breasts sitting there like little apples ready to be picked. I tried not to look at them but longed to be the one who tested their firmness. Thunder cracked around us making us jump in fear. Lucie was trembling like a flower and so was I. But the difference was, she was playing the role of the scared woman and I was playing the role of the stiff upper lip male so my fear was hidden like a beetle in the walls. I put my arm around her, I was taking a risk, she was a friend, a colleague; it felt like the right thing to do but would she think I’d gone too far? Were my advances unwanted?
But I needn’t have worried. She seemed to fit under my arm perfectly. She looked up at me, despite the cold, despite the wet, despite the fear, there was magic in her eyes. She smiled at me, I smiled at her, our faces drawn together like magnets. I knew then that I should kiss her. Well I thought I should, but she was a friend, a colleague; it felt like the right thing to do but would she think I’d gone to far? Were my advances unwanted? I needn’t have worried; she went on tiptoes, and kissed me. A lovely, tender kiss that was the key to my heart. Our wet clothes clung to each other as our tongues explored each other’s lips and our fingers tentatively touched each other’s bodies.

While we were lost in each other’s mouths the rain had eased and we could continue our rather sodden journey back to work. As we walked she reached out her had to find mine. It felt warm and soft. I couldn’t remember being as happy as this for a long time. I smiled at her and she squeezed my hand. I felt warm, I felt cosy, I felt a sharp excruciating pain in my whole body. It was as if I’d been struck by lightening and, as it transpired, I had.

A bit of a throw back this one, I used the cubes. - See if you can work out how. :-) 



7 comments:

  1. Have you woken up in heaven? :-)
    Great story Gareth
    Oh and I like the sentence about the apples

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you woken up in heaven? :-)
    Great story Gareth
    Oh and I like the sentence about the apples

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today's story about the Storm that Changed the World obviously reminded me of this one.... Also, the superb description of the rain and its imact on nature/people put me in mind of this innocent ittle story:-) :
    http://garethsshortstoryblog.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-race.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew when I wrote today's story I had somehow written it before :-)

      Delete
    2. Might use the Race as the Archive story today tho' :-)

      Delete
    3. yes, I would do the same:-) the Thunderbolt is only 3 months old so it must ripen to deserve the status of an archive story.
      P.S. despite my obstinate manture, I have decided to act as an interim archive manager before you find a new one. I am sure you current manager has run away after she/he saw what you had written yesterday :-)

      Delete
    4. hehe... nature, not manture:-)

      though I have just checked there is such a word :-)
      http://pl.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=manture

      Delete